Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Super Groovy Man loses the ability to control when he jumps

Before I introduce this new game, I would like to apologize for how long it took to make this game. Honestly, it should've taken only a week, but I've been distracted and also lazy. I should be working on my games more than I do.

Anyway, my new game is Super Groovy Man loses the ability to control when he jumps. It is a game where you jump every 2.25 seconds and must be careful to time your movements to when you'll jump.

I feel that it's not complete. I didn't completely explore as many possible gameplay mechanics that I could've. Perhaps you could've collected things which delay your next jump? Or maybe there could've been conveyor belts? Or millions of other ideas? But if I'd done that, it'd probably never get finished, and eventually I'd just abandon it.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be making another platform game for a while. I feel that my platform games are becoming too similar, and that I'd benefit from introducing more variety in my games. So, I will probably continue my much-delayed development of Enlightenment, and probably make a game for Molyjam 2013. I'm just going to leave with a screenshot of Enlightenment:


1 comment:

  1. Hey, this game was featured on Indie Statik! Congrats! :) http://indiestatik.com/2013/06/20/platformer-problems-super-groovy-man-loses-the-ability-to-control-when-he-jumps/

    ReplyDelete